Synonyms / Related
Definitions of treble:
- noun: the pitch range of the highest female voice
- verb: sing treble
- verb: increase threefold
- adjective: three times as great or many
Example: "A claim for treble (or triple) damages"
- adjective: having or denoting a high range
Example: "The boy still had a fine treble voice"
- adjective: having three units or components or elements
Example: "A treble row of red beads"
- adjective: having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities
Example: "Every episode has its double and treble meaning-Frederick Harrison"
Search for treble at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...