Get our highly rated iPhone/iPad or Android RhymeZone apps!
Definitions of time:
- noun: the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- noun: a person's experience on a particular occasion
Example: "He had a time holding back the tears"
- noun: an instance or single occasion for some event
Example: "This time he succeeded"
- noun: an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities)
Example: "He waited a long time"
- noun: a suitable moment
Example: "It is time to go"
- noun: a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
Example: "Take time to smell the roses"
- noun: the time as given by a clock
Example: "Do you know what time it is?"
- noun: the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- noun: rhythm as given by division into parts of equal time
- noun: the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
Example: "He is doing time in the county jail"
- verb: adjust so that a force is applied an an action occurs at the desired time
Example: "The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
- verb: regulate or set the time of
Example: "Time the clock"
- verb: assign a time for an activity or event
Example: "The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- verb: set the speed, duration, or execution of
Example: "We time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
- verb: measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
Search for time at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse