Definitions of thunder:
- noun: a booming or crashing noise caused by air expanding along the path of a bolt of lightning
- noun: a deep prolonged loud noise
- noun: street names for heroin
- verb: move fast, noisily, and heavily
Example: "The bus thundered down the road"
- verb: be the case that thunder is being heard
Example: "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
- verb: utter words loudly and forcefully
- verb: to make or produce a loud noise
Example: "The river thundered below"
Search for thunder at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse