Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of think:
- noun: an instance of deliberate thinking
Example: "I need to give it a good think"
- verb: bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation
- verb: be capable of conscious thought
Example: "Man is the only creature that thinks"
- verb: use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments
Example: "I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- verb: have or formulate in the mind
Example: "Think good thoughts"
- verb: expect, believe, or suppose
Example: "He didn't think to find her in the kitchen"
- verb: judge or regard; look upon; judge
Example: "I think he is very smart"
- verb: dispose the mind in a certain way
Example: "Do you really think so?"
- verb: focus one's attention on a certain state
Example: "Think big"
- verb: ponder; reflect on, or reason about
Example: "Think the matter through"
- verb: decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting
Example: "Can you think what to do next?"
- verb: imagine or visualize
Example: "Just think--you could be rich one day!"
- verb: have in mind as a purpose
Example: "She didn't think to harm me"
- verb: recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
Example: "I can't think what her last name was"
Search for think at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Follow us on Twitter. You probably won't regret it.
There'll be a new contest in a few months.
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse