Definitions of tear:
- noun: the act of tearing
Example: "He took the manuscript in both hands and gave it a mighty tear"
- noun: a drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands
Example: "His story brought tears to her eyes"
- noun: an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
- noun: an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- verb: move quickly and violently
- verb: fill with tears or shed tears
Example: "Her eyes were tearing"
- verb: to separate or be separated by force
- verb: separate or cause to separate abruptly
Example: "Tear the paper"
- verb: strip of feathers
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #49083)
Search for tear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse