Definitions of tea:
- noun: a light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes
Example: "An Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
- noun: dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea
Example: "The store shelves held many different kinds of tea"
- noun: a beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water
Example: "Iced tea is a cooling drink"
- noun: a reception or party at which tea is served
Example: "We met at the Dean's tea for newcomers"
- noun: a tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves
Example: "Tea has fragrant white flowers"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15973)
Search for tea at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse