Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of style:
- noun: a slender bristlelike or tubular process
Example: "A cartilaginous style"
- noun: a particular kind (as to appearance)
Example: "This style of shoe is in demand"
- noun: editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
- noun: (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
- noun: a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving
- noun: a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period
Example: "All the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper"
- noun: how something is done or how it happens
Example: "In the characteristic New York style"
- noun: the popular taste at a given time
Example: "The 1920s had a style of their own"
- noun: distinctive and stylish elegance
- verb: make consistent with certain rules of style
Example: "Style a manuscript"
- verb: designate by an identifying term
Example: "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
- verb: make consistent with a certain fashion or style
Example: "Style my hair"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #49164)
Search for style at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse