Definitions of stray:
- noun: homeless cat
- verb: wander from a direct course or at random
Example: "The child strayed from the path and her parents lost sight of her"
- verb: lose clarity or turn aside especially from the main subject of attention or course of argument in writing, thinking, or speaking
- verb: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- adjective: not close together in time
Example: "A stray bullet grazed his thigh"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45261)
Search for stray at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse