Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of stampede:
- noun: a headlong rush of people on a common impulse
Example: "When he shouted `fire' there was a stampede to the exits"
- noun: a wild headlong rush of frightened animals (horses or cattle)
- verb: run away in a stampede
- verb: cause to run in panic
Example: "Thunderbolts can stampede animals"
- verb: act, usually en masse, hurriedly or on an impulse
Example: "Companies will now stampede to release their latest software"
- verb: cause a group or mass of people to act on an impulse or hurriedly and impulsively
Example: "The tavern owners stampeded us into overeating"
Search for stampede at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...