Definitions of stagger:
- noun: an unsteady uneven gait
- verb: to arrange in a systematic order
Example: "Stagger the chairs in the lecture hall"
- verb: astound or overwhelm, as with shock
Example: "She was staggered with bills after she tried to rebuild her house following the earthquake"
- verb: walk as if unable to control one's movements
Example: "The drunken man staggered into the room"
- verb: walk with great difficulty
Example: "He staggered along in the heavy snow"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #54077)
Search for stagger at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse