Definitions of spring:
- noun: a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed
Example: "The spring was broken"
- noun: a point at which water issues forth
- noun: a natural flow of ground water
- noun: the season of growth
Example: "The emerging buds were a sure sign of spring"
- noun: the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
- noun: a light springing movement upwards or forwards
- verb: produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly
- verb: develop suddenly
- verb: develop into a distinctive entity
- verb: spring back; spring away from an impact
- verb: move forward by leaps and bounds
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 50000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2206)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3871)
Search for spring at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse