Definitions of Spartan:
- noun: a resident of Sparta
- adjective: resolute in the face of pain or danger or adversity
Example: "Spartan courage"
- adjective: of or relating to or characteristic of Sparta or its people
- adjective: unsparing and uncompromising in discipline or judgment
Example: "A Spartan upbringing"
- adjective: practicing great self-denial
Example: "A spartan diet"
Search for Spartan at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse