Definitions of southern:
- adjective: situated in or coming from regions of the south
Example: "The southern hemisphere"
- adjective: in or characteristic of a region of the United States south of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line
Example: "Southern hospitality"
- adjective: from the south; used especially of wind
Example: "Southern breezes"
- adjective: situated in or oriented toward the south
Example: "A southern exposure"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3817)
Search for southern at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse