Lyrics and poems
Definitions of sorry:
- adjective: feeling or expressing sorrow or pity
- adjective: keenly sorry or regretful
Example: "Was sorry that she had treated him so badly"
- adjective: having regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
- adjective: feeling or expressing pain or sorrow for sins or offenses
- adjective: bad; unfortunate
Example: "A sorry state of affairs"
- adjective: without merit
Example: "A sorry horse"
- adjective: depressing in character or appearance
Example: "Sorry routine that follows on the heels of death- B.A.Williams"
Search for sorry at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse