Definitions of soften:
- verb: make (images or sounds) soft or softer
- verb: become soft or softer
Example: "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"
- verb: make soft or softer
Example: "This liquid will soften your laundry"
- verb: make less severe or harsh
- verb: give in, as to influence or pressure
- verb: lessen in force or effect
Example: "Soften a shock"
- verb: protect from impact
Search for soften at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse