Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sledge:
- noun: a heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges
- noun: a vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs; for transportation over snow
- verb: ride in or travel with a sledge
Example: "The antarctic expedition sledged along the coastline"
- verb: transport in a sleigh
- verb: beat with a sledgehammer
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2699)
Search for sledge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...