Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of side:
- noun: an extended outer surface of an object
Example: "He turned the box over to examine the bottom side"
- noun: either the left or right half of a body
Example: "He had a pain in his side"
- noun: an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect)
Example: "He was on the heavy side"
- noun: an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
Example: "There are two sides to every question"
- noun: a lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food
- noun: a family line of descent
Example: "He gets his brains from his father's side"
- noun: one of two or more contesting groups
Example: "The Confederate side was prepared to attack"
- noun: a surface forming part of the outside of an object
Example: "He examined all sides of the crystal"
- noun: a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure
Example: "The hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side"
- noun: a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
Example: "They always sat on the right side of the church"
- noun: (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist
- noun: an elevated geological formation
Example: "The house was built on the side of the mountain"
- verb: take the side of; be on the side of
Example: "Whose side are you on?"
- verb: take sides with; align oneself with; show strong sympathy for
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #67874)
Search for side at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse