Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of shine:
- noun: the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light
- verb: be clear and obvious
- verb: be distinguished or eminent
Example: "His talent shines"
- verb: throw or flash the light of (a lamp, etc.)
Example: "Shine the light on that window, please"
- verb: emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light
- verb: touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly
- verb: be bright by reflecting or casting light
- verb: especially of the complexion: show a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- verb: (of surfaces) make shine
Example: "Shine the silver, please"
- verb: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
- verb: be shiny, as if wet
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5473)
Search for shine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for shine (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: A Country Child's Simple Prayer
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse