Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of set up:
- verb: get ready for a particular purpose or event
Example: "Set up an experiment"
- verb: begin, or enable someone else to begin, a venture by providing the means, logistics, etc.
Example: "Set up an election"
- verb: set up or found
Example: "She set up a literacy program"
- verb: arrange the outcome of by means of deceit
- verb: arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events, etc.
Example: "Set up one's life"
- verb: put into a proper or systematic order
- verb: erect and fasten
- verb: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
- verb: equip with sails, masts, etc.
- verb: place
- verb: take or catch as if in a snare or trap
Example: "I was set up!"
- verb: set up for use
- verb: produce
Example: "The scientists set up a shockwave"
- verb: make by putting pieces together
- verb: construct, build, or erect
- adjective: well established and ready to function
Example: "Things I can do now that I'm set up"
Search for set up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...