Definitions of set down:
- verb: cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place
Example: "Set down your bags here"
- verb: put or settle into a position
Example: "The hotel was set down at the bottom of the valley"
- verb: put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- verb: leave or unload, especially of passengers or cargo;
- verb: reach or come to rest
- verb: go ashore
Search for set down at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse