Definitions of rotate:
- verb: cause to turn on an axis or center
Example: "Rotate the handle"
- verb: plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession
Example: "We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
- verb: exchange on a regular basis
Example: "We rotate the lead soprano every night"
- verb: perform a job or duty on a rotating basis
Example: "Interns have to rotate for a few months"
- verb: turn on or around an axis or a center
Example: "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- verb: turn outward
Example: "Ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
Search for rotate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse