Synonyms / Related
Definitions of result:
- noun: something that results
Example: "He listened for the results on the radio"
- noun: the semantic role of the noun phrase whose referent exists only by virtue of the activity denoted by the verb in the clause
- noun: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
Example: "He computed the result to four decimal places"
- noun: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- verb: issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.); end
Example: "Result in tragedy"
- verb: result in
Search for result at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...