Definitions of resolve:
- noun: the trait of being resolute; firmness of purpose
- noun: a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
- verb: make clearly visible
Example: "Can this image be resolved?"
- verb: find the solution
- verb: cause to go into a solution
- verb: understand the meaning of
- verb: reach a decision
Example: "He resolved never to drink again"
- verb: reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
- verb: bring to an end; settle conclusively
Search for resolve at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse