Lyrics and poems
Definitions of remember:
- verb: show appreciation to
Example: "He remembered her in his will"
- verb: recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
Example: "I can't remember saying any such thing"
- verb: keep in mind for attention or consideration
Example: "Remember the Alamo"
- verb: recapture the past; indulge in memories
Example: "He remembered how he used to pick flowers"
- verb: exercise, or have the power of, memory
Example: "After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"
- verb: mention favourably, as in prayer
Example: "Remember me in your prayers"
- verb: call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony
Example: "We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"
- verb: mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship
Example: "Remember me to your wife"
Search for remember at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for remember (New!)
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse