Definitions of relaxation:
- noun: a method of solving simultaneous equations by guessing a solution and then reducing the errors that result by successive approximations until all the errors are less than some specified amount
- noun: an occurrence of control or strength weakening
Example: "The relaxation of requirements"
- noun: (physics) the exponential return of a system to equilibrium after a disturbance
- noun: (physiology) the gradual lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers
- noun: a state of refreshing tranquility
- noun: the act of making less strict
- noun: freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
Search for relaxation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse