Definitions of rave:
- noun: an extravagantly enthusiastic review
Example: "He gave it a rave"
- noun: a dance party that lasts all night and electronically synthesized music is played
Example: "Raves are very popular in Berlin"
- verb: participate in an all-night techno dance party
- verb: praise enthusiastically
Example: "She raved about that new restaurant"
- verb: talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29778)
Search for rave at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse