Definitions of project:
- noun: a planned undertaking
- noun: any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted
- verb: project on a screen
Example: "The images are projected onto the screen"
- verb: cause to be heard
Example: "His voice projects well"
- verb: present for consideration
- verb: regard as objective
- verb: communicate vividly
Example: "He projected his feelings"
- verb: transfer (ideas or principles) from one domain into another
- verb: throw, send, or cast forward
Example: "Project a missile"
- verb: put or send forth
- verb: draw a projection of
- verb: make or work out a plan for; devise
- verb: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- verb: extend out or project in space
Search for project at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse