Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of process:
- noun: a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant
Example: "A bony process"
- noun: (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents
Example: "The process of thinking"
- noun: a mental process that you are not directly aware of
Example: "The process of denial"
- noun: a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states
Example: "Events now in process"
- noun: a particular course of action intended to achieve a result
Example: "It was a process of trial and error"
- noun: a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant
- verb: deal with in a routine way
Example: "Process a loan"
- verb: subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
Example: "Process cheese"
- verb: perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information
Example: "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
- verb: deliver a warrant or summons to someone
Example: "He was processed by the sheriff"
- verb: march in a procession
Example: "They processed into the dining room"
- verb: shape, form, or improve a material
Example: "Process iron"
- verb: institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against
Example: "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"
Search for process at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Follow us on Twitter if you dare!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse