Definitions of probe:
- noun: an investigation conducted using a probe instrument
- noun: an exploratory action or expedition
- noun: a flexible slender surgical instrument used to explore wounds or body cavities
- noun: an inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities
Example: "There was a congressional probe into the scandal"
- verb: question or examine thoroughly and closely
- verb: examine physically with or as if with a probe
Example: "Probe an anthill"
Search for probe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse