Definitions of polish:
- noun: the property of being smooth and shiny
- noun: the Slavic language of Poland
- noun: a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
Example: "They performed with great polish"
- noun: a preparation used in polishing
- verb: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
Example: "Polish your social manners"
- verb: improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
- verb: (of surfaces) make shine
Example: "Polish my shoes"
- adjective: of or relating to Poland or its people or culture
Example: "Polish sausage"
Search for polish at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia