Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of parity:
- noun: functional equality
- noun: (physics) parity is conserved in a universe in which the laws of physics are the same in a right-handed system of coordinates as in a left-handed system
- noun: (mathematics) a relation between a pair of integers: if both integers are odd or both are even they have the same parity; if one is odd and the other is even they have different parity
- noun: (obstetrics) the number of live-born children a woman has delivered
Example: "The parity of the mother must be considered"
- noun: (computer science) abit that is used in an error detection procedure in which a 0 or 1 is added to each group of bits so that it will have either an odd number of 1's or an even number of 1's; e.g., if the parity is odd then any group of bits that arrives with an even number of 1's must contain an error
Search for parity at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...