Definitions of needle:
- noun: a sharp pointed implement (usually steel)
- noun: a slender pointer for indicating the reading on the scale of a measuring instrument
- noun: a stylus that formerly made sound by following a groove in a phonograph record
- noun: as of a conifer
- verb: goad or provoke,as by constant criticism
Example: "He needled her with his sarcastic remarks"
- verb: prick with a needle
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #55252)
Search for needle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse