Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of master:
- noun: an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- noun: an authority qualified to teach apprentices
- noun: directs the work of other
- noun: someone who holds a master's degree from academic institution
- noun: an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
- noun: an artist of consummate skill
Example: "A master of the violin"
- noun: a person who has general authority over others
- noun: a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- noun: presiding officer of a school
- noun: key that secures entrance everywhere
- verb: have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of
- verb: be or become completely proficient or skilled in
Example: "She mastered Japanese in less than two years"
- verb: have dominance or the power to defeat over
Example: "Her pain completely mastered her"
- verb: get on top of; deal with successfully
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13713)
Search for master at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse