Definitions of mask:
- noun: activity that tries to conceal something
Example: "No mask could conceal his ignorance"
- noun: a covering to disguise or conceal the face
- noun: a protective covering worn over the face
- noun: a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
- verb: put a mask on or cover with a mask
Example: "Mask the children for Halloween"
- verb: shield from light
- verb: cover with a sauce
Example: "Mask the meat"
- verb: hide under a false appearance
Example: "He masked his disappointment"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7262)
Search for mask at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse