Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of love:
- noun: any object of warm affection or devotion
Example: "The theater was her first love or he has a passion for cock fighting"
- noun: a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction
Example: "Their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"
- noun: a strong positive emotion of regard and affection
Example: "His love for his work"
- noun: a score of zero in tennis or squash
Example: "It was 40 love"
- noun: sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people
Example: "His lovemaking disgusted her"
- noun: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- verb: have a great affection or liking for
Example: "I love French food"
- verb: be enamored or in love with
Example: "She loves her husband deeply"
- verb: get pleasure from
Example: "I love cooking"
- verb: have sexual intercourse with
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2857 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #311)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4133)
Search for love at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse