Definitions of link:
- noun: a fastener that serves to join or link
Example: "The walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
- noun: an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
- noun: (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
- noun: a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
- noun: the means of connection between things linked in series
- noun: a two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
- noun: a channel for communication between groups
- noun: the state of being connected
- noun: a connecting shape
- verb: be or become joined or united or linked
Example: "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
- verb: connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
Example: "Link arms"
- verb: link with or as with a yoke
- verb: make a logical or causal connection
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1605)
Search for link at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia