Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of left-handed:
- adjective: (of marriages) illicit or informal
Example: "In Colonial America left-handed marriages between Frenchmen and Indians were frequent"
- adjective: using or intended for the lefts hand
Example: "Left-handed golfers need left-handed clubs"
- adjective: ironically ambiguous
Example: "A left-handed compliment"
- adjective: (of marriages) of a marriage between one of royal or noble birth and one of lower rank; valid but with the understanding that the rank of the inferior remains unchanged and offspring do not succeed to titles or property of the superior
- adjective: rotating to the left
- adjective: not skillful in physical movement especially with the hands
Search for left-handed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...