Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of know:
- verb: be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object
Example: "She doesn't know this composer"
- verb: be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about
Example: "I know that the President lied to the people"
- verb: be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt
Example: "I know that I left the key on the table"
- verb: know how to do or perform something
Example: "She knows how to knit"
- verb: have fixed in the mind
Example: "I know Latin"
- verb: have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
Example: "I know the feeling!"
- verb: perceive as familiar
Example: "I know this voice!"
- verb: be able to distinguish, recognize as being different
Example: "The child knows right from wrong"
- verb: know the nature or character of
- verb: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
Example: "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"
- verb: have sexual intercourse with
Search for know at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse