Definitions of kind:
- noun: a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
Example: "What kinds of desserts are there?"
- adjective: helpful to other people
Example: "Helping an old lady with her bundles was his kind deed for the day"
- adjective: agreeable
Example: "A dry climate kind to asthmatics"
- adjective: characterized by mercy, and compassion
Example: "Kind to animals"
- adjective: having or showing a tender and considerate and helpful nature; used especially of persons and their behavior
Example: "Kind to sick patients"
- adjective: expressing sympathy
- adjective: showing consideration and anticipation of needs
- adjective: tolerant and forgiving under provocation
Example: "Our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke"
- adjective: liberal
Example: "Kind words of praise"
- adjective: generously responsive
Example: "Take a kindly interest"
- adjective: conducive to comfort; beneficial
Example: "A kind climate"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #24549)
Search for kind at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse