Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of horn:
- noun: one of the bony outgrowths on the heads of certain ungulates
- noun: any outgrowth from the head of an organism that resembles a horn
- noun: an alarm device that makes a loud warning sound
- noun: a high pommel of a Western saddle (usually metal covered with leather)
- noun: a noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it
- noun: a noise made by the driver of an automobile to give warning;
- noun: the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- noun: a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
- noun: a brass musical instrument consisting of a conical tube that is coiled into a spiral and played by means of valves
- noun: a device on an automobile for making a warning noise
- verb: stab or pierce with a horn or tusk
Example: "The rhino horned the explorer"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #581)
Search for horn at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse