Read about "The Hill We Climb"
Definitions of hope:
- noun: one of the three Christian virtues
- noun: a specific instance of feeling hopeful
Example: "It revived their hope of winning the pennant"
- noun: the general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled
Example: "In spite of his troubles he never gave up hope"
- noun: someone (or something) on which expectations are centered
Example: "He was their best hope for a victory"
- noun: United States comedian (born in England) who appeared in films with Bing Crosby (1903-2003)
- noun: grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
- verb: intend with some possibility of fulfilment
Example: "I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
- verb: be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes
- verb: expect and wish
Example: "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 2941 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #427)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 14285 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1800)
Search for hope at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse