Definitions of hole:
- noun: an opening deliberately made in or through something
- noun: one playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course
Example: "He played 18 holes"
- noun: an opening into or through something
- noun: a depression hollowed out of solid matter
- noun: an unoccupied space
- noun: a fault
Example: "He shot holes in my argument"
- noun: informal terms for a difficult situation
- noun: informal terms for the mouth
- verb: make holes in
- verb: hit the ball into the hole
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13037)
Search for hole at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse