Definitions of heat:
- noun: intense passion or emotion
- noun: the sensation caused by heat energy
- noun: a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
- noun: a form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
- noun: the presence of heat
- noun: applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
- noun: utility to warm a building
Example: "The heating system wasn't working"
- verb: provide with heat
Example: "Heat the house"
- verb: make hot or hotter
Example: "Heat the soup"
- verb: gain heat or get hot
Example: "The room heated up quickly"
- verb: arouse or excite feelings and passions
Search for heat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse