Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of grace:
- noun: a disposition to kindness and compassion; benign good will
Example: "The victor's grace in treating the vanquished"
- noun: (Christian theology) the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God
Example: "God's grace is manifested in the salvation of sinners"
- noun: elegance and beauty of movement or expression
- noun: a short prayer of thanks before a meal
- noun: (Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm; a favorite subject for sculptors
- noun: (Bhristian theology) a state of sanctification by God; the state of one who under such divine influence
Example: "The conception of grace developed alongside the conception of sin"
- noun: a sense of propriety and consideration for others
- verb: make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- verb: be beautiful to look at
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 529 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #114)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 9090 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1167)
Search for grace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...