Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of glow:
- noun: a feeling of considerable warmth
Example: "The glow of new love"
- noun: a steady even light without flames
- noun: light from nonthermal sources
- noun: the amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface
- noun: the phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised
- noun: an alert and refreshed state
- noun: an appearance of reflected light
- verb: emit a steady even light without flames
Example: "The fireflies were glowing and flying about in the garden"
- verb: especially of the complexion: show a strong bright color, such as red or pink
Example: "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- verb: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
- verb: be exuberant or high-spirited
Example: "Make the people's hearts glow"
- verb: shine intensely, as if with heat
Example: "The coals were glowing in the dark"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #84534)
Search for glow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse