Lyrics and poems
Definitions of give up:
- verb: allow the other (baseball) team to score
Example: "Give up a run"
- verb: give up with the intent of never claiming again
- verb: lose or lose the right to by some error, offense, or crime
- verb: give up what is not strictly needed
- verb: stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas, claims, etc.
Example: "Both sides have to give up some calims in these negociations"
- verb: give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat
- verb: give up or agree to forego to the power or possession of another
- verb: refrain from consuming
- verb: relinquish possession or control over
- verb: leave (a job, post, post, or position) voluntarily
- verb: put an end to a state or an activity
- verb: part with a possession or right
Search for give up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia