Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of find:
- noun: the act of discovering something
- noun: a productive insight
- verb: perceive oneself to be in a certain condition or place
- verb: obtain through effort or management
- verb: come upon, as if by accident; meet with
Example: "We find this idea in Plato"
- verb: come upon after searching; find the location of something that was missed or lost
Example: "Did you find your glasses?"
- verb: come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds
Example: "I find him to be obnoxious"
- verb: succeed in reaching; arrive at
- verb: perceive or be contemporaneous with
- verb: accept and make use of one's personality, abilities, and situation
Example: "My son went to Berkeley to find himself"
- verb: make a discovery
- verb: after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study
Example: "Find the product of two numbers"
- verb: decide on and make a declaration about
Example: "Find someone guilty"
- verb: make a discovery, make a new finding
- verb: discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- verb: get or find back; recover the use of
- verb: receive a specified treatment (abstract)
Example: "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"
- verb: get something or somebody for a specific purpose
Search for find at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse