Definitions of fill:
- noun: a quantity sufficient to satisfy
Example: "He ate his fill of potatoes"
- noun: any material that fills a space or container
Example: "There was not enough fill for the trench"
- verb: appoint someone to (a position or a job)
- verb: assume, as of positions or roles
- verb: plug with a substance
Example: "Fill a cavity"
- verb: become full
Example: "The pool slowly filled with water"
- verb: make full, also in a metaphorical sense
Example: "Fill a container"
- verb: occupy the whole of
Example: "The liquid fills the container"
- verb: eat until one is sated
Example: "He filled up on turkey"
- verb: fill or meet a want or need
- verb: fill to satisfaction
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #24677)
Search for fill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse