Definitions of favor:
- noun: an act of gracious kindness
- noun: an advantage to the benefit of someone or something
Example: "The outcome was in his favor"
- noun: an inclination to approve
Example: "That style is in favor this season"
- noun: a feeling of favorable regard
- noun: souvenir consisting of a small gift given to a guest at a party
- verb: treat gently or carefully
- verb: consider as the favorite
Example: "The local team was favored"
- verb: promote over another
Example: "He favors his second daughter"
- verb: bestow a privilege upon
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21603)
Search for favor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse