Definitions of faith:
- noun: loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person
Example: "Keep the faith"
- noun: complete confidence in a person or plan etc
Example: "He cherished the faith of a good woman"
- noun: a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny
Example: "He lost his faith but not his morality"
- noun: institution to express belief in a divine power
Example: "A member of his own faith contradicted him"
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 3571 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #484)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9706)
Search for faith at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse